Varying times each year, from January to May, Hanami is an important Japanese custom and is held all over Japan. Hanami literally means ‘viewing flowers,’ but it generally indicates cherry blossom viewing. It’s said that the origin of hanami dates back to more than one thousand years ago when aristocrats enjoyed looking at beautiful cherry blossoms and wrote poems.
1. Organix Cherry Blossom Shampoo & Conditioner Set, 2. Michelle Phan's Delicate Cherry Blossom YouTube Tutorial, 3. The Body Shop Japanese Cherry Blossom Body Butter, 4. Bath & Body Works Japanese Cherry Blossom Hand Sanitizer, 5. Guerlain Cherry Blossom Eclat Compact Blush
Cherry Blossoms are one of my favorite flowers because of the instant femininity it brings. I usually am not a pinky type of girl, but I do make exceptions for the Sakura.
Someday, I personally wish to view such a beautiful sight. For now I must indulge in some of these cherry blossom homages that I adore.
1. Organix Cherry Blossom Ginseng Shampoo and Conditioner Set
I use this every night when I shower. I am in love with the light fragrance and the texture of my hair after use. It is by far one of my favorite hair product sets that is reasonably priced. I pick mine up from my local Ulta Beauty store.
2. Michelle Phan’s Delicate Cherry Blossom YouTube Tutorial
Michelle Phan is such a well known beauty guru, and this video demonstrated such a beautiful delicate look. She made it in March of last year, as a nice gesture shortly after the earthquake tragedy in Japan. Although that was awhile ago, it is a great video worth rewatching.
3. The Body Shop’s Japanese Cherry Blossom Body Butter
Recommended by Vogue UK, this body butter does not disappoint! It’s mixture of cherry blossom extract and organic soy+olive oils help soothe my dry skin and lasts all day. I’m a sucker for it’s cute packaging that doesn’t hurt my wallet.
4. Bath & Body Works Japanese Cherry Blossom Hand Sanitizer
I am constantly sanitizing my hands on the go. Going through many different scents (since I go through these like nothin’), I always find myself reaching back for this one!
5. Guerlain Cherry Blossom Blush Compact
I sadly don’t own this one, although I wish I did! I was once told by a gal at my local Sephora that, “Guerlain has been makin’ blushes before Jesus was even born!” so I am not surprised they have this cute little compact in their awesome history.
Until that day comes when I go to a Hanami Festival, these will just have to hold me over.